Alliance of the Free Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice: Tournament and battles with formations

+2
Hethwill
SCGavin
6 posters

Go down

Notice: Tournament and battles with formations Empty Notice: Tournament and battles with formations

Post  SCGavin Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 am

Starting from Sunday the 22th of November there will be a battle with formations every week on Sunday. On Sunday, the 29th of November, a tournament will take place additionally.
SCGavin
SCGavin
Ex-Member
Ex-Member

Back to top Go down

Notice: Tournament and battles with formations Empty Re: Notice: Tournament and battles with formations

Post  SCGavin Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:01 pm

The first formation-battle was fun! I hope that the next one will be even better.

(By the way: Where are you guys? I didn't see anyone except for Hethwill in ages.)
SCGavin
SCGavin
Ex-Member
Ex-Member

Back to top Go down

Notice: Tournament and battles with formations Empty Re: Notice: Tournament and battles with formations

Post  Hethwill Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:23 am

Was there although only for a little bit, about four cavalry charges. Proves the point where good horses and a line of cavalry can provoke massive couching. Now imagine Swadians all upgraded =D
Hethwill
Hethwill
Ex-Member
Ex-Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Elric de Melnibone Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Where was I when the Battle Formation Sundays were taking place?

I was busy swordfighting in the real world, with real swords, that's where I was. Wink
Elric de Melnibone
Elric de Melnibone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Calewyn Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:55 pm

I prefer to play tournaments from mon - fri because saturday and sunday most of the time i am not online
Calewyn
Calewyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bro127 Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:35 am

What server is this on?

Bro127

Back to top Go down

Post  SCGavin Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:00 am

Bro127 wrote:What server is this on?

It differs. It usually is announced in the teamspeak-server, so best be there a bit early (you don't need a mic).

TeamSpeak Server:
IP & Port--> 94.75.238.101:8807
Password: eutestband

Links:
SCGavin
SCGavin
Ex-Member
Ex-Member

Back to top Go down

Post  IncredibleSponge Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:21 am

I really wanted to be there but I'm not online as much at the weekend. The videos looked great but the cohesion for the cavalry charges really needs work!
I reckon the easiest way to do it would be have one person lead the charge on a slow horse and everyone else use a faster one. So leader on warhorse, everyone else hunters. That way the leader moves off and the rest of you have the speed to fall in behind.

The most important thing would be to get everyone on the same horse. No worries about the coursers blasting out in front then.

IncredibleSponge
Ex-Member
Ex-Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SCGavin Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 pm

IncredibleSponge wrote:I really wanted to be there but I'm not online as much at the weekend. The videos looked great but the cohesion for the cavalry charges really needs work!
I reckon the easiest way to do it would be have one person lead the charge on a slow horse and everyone else use a faster one. So leader on warhorse, everyone else hunters. That way the leader moves off and the rest of you have the speed to fall in behind.

The most important thing would be to get everyone on the same horse. No worries about the coursers blasting out in front then.

Yeah, everyone should use the same horse. The main problem with cavalry charges as I see it, is that it's hard to keep the horse aligned correctly and consequently Horse A crosses the path of Horse B et cetera and the whole charge dissolves into chaos. Additionally stones, trees, hills and similar things hinder the synchronised advance. This is especially bad, if you want to do a couching charge as you need to gain speed and advance straight towards the enemy to lower the lance, which is rather hard if you're stopped by allies and hindrances all the time.
SCGavin
SCGavin
Ex-Member
Ex-Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum